Hugelkultur is a water efficient permaculture gardening technique. I’ve been building hugelkultur gardens for the last two years, and my entire vegetable garden is built on Hugelkultur principles.
The main topics I cover, include:
- My Hugelkultur experiment – all about my hugelkultur garden in the Blue Mountains
- Introduction to Hugelkultur – what is Hugelkultur, and what kinds of beds can you build using this technique?
- Why Hugelkultur? – advantages to hugel beds, and when not to build them
- How to design and build a hugel – design considerations and what you’ll need to build your hugels
- Water efficiency of hugels – how often to water your hugels, and other water saving ideas
- What to plant – what you can and can’t grow in a hugel
- Step by step Hugelkultur – a detailed guide to building hugel garden beds
Additionally the following topics will improve the performance of your hugel beds.